|Contact Information||Location / Address|
Toll Free .... 800-315-3593
FAX ............... 231-882-5941
448 Court Place
Beulah, MI 49617
|Dawn Olney – County Clerk
Tammy Bowers – Chief Deputy Clerk
Lucy Burns – Deputy Clerk
Kim Childs – Deputy Clerk
| Monday — Friday
8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Issuance of vital records including: marriage licenses, birth certificates, death certificates
- Concealed Pistol Permit Applications (CPL)
- Circuit Court -- Felony, Civil, Personal Protection Orders, Family Division, Adoptions, Name Change, Juvenile, Neglect Abuse
- Filing of military discharge orders (DD-214)
- Assumed names certificates (DBA)
- DBA dissolution certificates
- Notary public
- Veteran's Peddler Licenses
- Issuance of certified copies of documents on file in the Clerk's office
The County Clerk is an officer of the County as prescribed by State law. Michigan Constitution provides that voters of each county shall elect a Clerk on a partisan basis every four years. Duties are prescribed by law and include Clerk to the Benzie County Board of Commissioners, Clerk to Circuit Court, Board of Canvassers, County Election Commission, County Plat Board, Jury Board, County Apportionment Board, and Concealed Weapons Licensing Board.
The County Clerk maintains birth and death records, marriage licenses, naturalization records, assumed business names and partnership certificates, concealed weapons permits, veterans discharge records, voter registration records, notary public, and assists the general public with genealogy requests.
The County Clerk is the chief election official of the County, supervises all national, State, local, and school elections, and is responsible for the administration of the Michigan Campaign Finance Reporting Act.
The Clerical Staff in the County Clerk's Office cannot give any legal advice, help fill out forms, tell you what forms you may need, or explain requirements or procedures for service of process. Please visit www.michiganlegalhelp.org for any questions or forms.
- Application for Appointment to Board, Commissions, and Agencies
- Business Registration Certificate for DBA or Partnership
- Dissolution of Co-Partnership or Assumed Business Name (DBA)
- Marriage Application - Benzie County Resident
- Marriage Application - Out-of-State Resident
- Vital Records Request (certificate copy of birth certificate, marriage license, or death certificate)
Related Web Links