If you are seeking zoning information, please contact the specific Township government using the documents listed below (which are maintained by the Equalization Department):
- Township Land Division Designees (PDF document, 1 page, 8 kB)
- Township Supervisors, Assessors, and Treasurers (PDF document, 1 page, 12 kB)
- Township Zoning Administrators (PDF document, 1 page, 72 kB)
The Planning Commission is an seven member commission appointed by the County Board of Commissioners. Planning Commissioners are appointed to three year terms.
The Planning Commission is a local nonpolitical unit of the Benzie County government providing services that are directed by the Michigan Planning Enabling Act 33 of 2008 to establish planning for the County; to promote safety, health, and general welfare.
- Adopt, amend or review the county master plan;
- Work to objectively implement the county master plan;
- Encourage intergovernmental cooperation and communication by identifying common planning goals among local units of government for county wide comprehensive planning;
- Provide an annual oral and or written report to legislative bodies of the county concerning its operation and status of planning activities;
- Engage the public on planning issues within the county and provide educational opportunities wherever possible;
- Provide an annual capital improvement plan. Review and comment on proposed capital improvement projects of the county.
Chairperson: Peg Minster
Vice Chair: Nena Bondarenko
Secretary: Susan Zenker
Members: Lori Hill
Walter Roch von Rochsburg
Dates & Time: 2nd Thursday of each month at 6:00 p.m.
Location: Commissioners' Room
Benzie County Government Center
448 Court Place
Beulah, MI 49617
Regular Meeting Dates for 2017 - PDF document, 1 page, 32 kB
The Benzie County Administrator's Office handles all FOIA requests for the BCPC.