| Personnel & Contact
|Location / Address|
| County Administrator –
Deputy Administrator –
448 Court Place
Beulah, MI 49617
|Monday — Friday
8:00 a.m. to 12:00 noon
1:00 p.m. to 5:00 p.m.
- Employment Applications
- Annual budget preparation and distribution
- Liaison to Board of Commissioners with the public
It is the role of the County Administrator's Office to provide effective government services while providing professional, administrative and quality customer service to the public, law enforcement agencies and other county departments who utilize these services. The County Administrator is responsible for coordinating departmental activities, studying administrative procedures and organization, and recommending changes to improve the operations of County government, reviewing budget requests and making recommendations to the Board of Commissioners, and performing other related duties assigned by the Board of Commissioners.
- The County Administrator serves the Board as its agent in administrative matters.
- Communicate and coordinate all County Board policies and decisions to all affected departments. Cooperates with department heads and elected officials to insure such policies and decisions are carried out as defined.
- Act as a communication link between the County Board of Commissioners, other governmental units, department heads, elected officials, various County organizations.
- Implements County Board approval of methods or operational changes, assist departments to institute said changes.
- Assists with County Board Committees
- Plans, coordinates and submits annual operating and capital budgets to the Board of Commissioners. Maintains and updates current budgets.
- Insures that an accounting system is implemented and properly observed by all County offices, officers, and departments.
- Oversees and responsible for maintenance and repair of County Courthouse, grounds, and other County owned facilities.
- Negotiates labor contracts with county bargaining units
- Maintains accounts payable.
- Administers County employee fringe benefit programs, payroll, and personnel records
- Oversees the Maintenance Department and all appointed Department Supervisors
- Oversees the operations of the Animal Control Office
- FOIA Coordinator for Government Center
- FOIA Policy, Procedures, and Guidelines
- Public Summary of FOIA Procedures and Guidelines
- FOIA Fee, Appeal Form
- Request for Public Records
Sheriff Department FOIA Requests can be submitted to email@example.com
- Benzie County Strategic Plan 2017
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2014
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2015
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2016
- County Incentive Plan (Budget) Report 2017
- EDC Action Plan
- Employment Application
- General Appropropriations Act for 2017-2018
- Meeting Dates
- Building and Grounds - Regular Meeting Dates for 2017
- Finance Committee - Regular Meeting Dates for 2017
- Human Resources Committee - Regular Meeting Dates for 2017
- Technology Committee - Meets as needed in 2017